Christmas ornament embroidery kit - indigo blue fabric
Embroider your own Christmas bauble ornament!
The full kit includes:
- Bauble hoops: 4 x decorative wooden bauble hoops (laser cut in Bristol)
- Fabric: Irish linen fabric for 4 baubles - all indigo-dyed (also available in undyed flax or half and half)
- Yarn: 5m each of 10 colours of naturally dyed fingering-weight British wool yarn: dark blue, light blue, green, yellow, coral or pink, bright red, dark purple, grey, brown, white
- Embroidery hoop: 1 x 10cm (4 inch) wooden embroidery hoop (British made)
- Needles: 1 x Assorted pack of embroidery, tapestry, and darning needles (49 needles in total) plus threader (brand: Prym)
- 1m of linen thread for hanging and/or stitching the back closed
- Templates: 4 different embroidery design templates
Use the drop-down menu for more options:
- If you already own embroidery tool, you can buy the kit without tools (i.e. no embroidery hoop, no needles) by using the drop-down menu below
- If you want to use your own yarn left-overs, buy the kit without yarn
- If you want to use your own yarn and tools, choose the decorative bauble hoops and fabric only. This will still include the templates.
You can also buy the 10-colour 5m yarn set individually.
In order to minimise environmental footprint and preserve wool's natural properties, the yarn has not been superwash treated. This does mean that you will need to soak and hand-wash (avoid animated rubbing) your finished project in cold or room temperature water and gentle pH-neutral soap.
Please contact me if you have any questions around this product. I can also take photos of different yarns or colours next to each other if that would be helpful.
Happy crafting! I hope your project is a success and gets lots of use!