Corriedale Sock Set - Roadtrip (140g)
Non-superwash, nylon-free British Corriedale sock yarn set in "Roadtrip" - variegated teal / turquiouse / sea green main colour (100g) with sunny mustard yellow and rusty orange for contrast heel/toe/cuff (2 x 20g) :
- 100% Corriedale sheep’s wool
- Non-superwash, nylon-free
- Grown in the Falkland Islands, spun and hand-dyed in the UK
- 4-ply weight (Fingering weight / Yarn category 1 - Super Fine)
- 400m per 100g (437 yds per 3.5 oz)
- Recommended needle size: 2mm-3mm (US 0 - 2)
- Worsted spun, 2-ply yarn
- Highly twisted to make it more hard-wearing
- Botanically hand-dyed to create a tealy sea-coloured main colour (100g), a sunny mustard yellow contrast colour (20g), and rusty orange contrast colour (20g)
I wanted to create a sock-set version of my Summer 2021 colour palette, "Roadtrip". The main colour is a variegated tealy turquoisey sea colour, while the contrast colours are a sunny yet slightly mustardy yellow and a rusty orange. I think it would look great with the contrast colours in different arrangements on the toe, heel, and cuff - or even striped yellow and orange!
You can add extra 20g minis if you want more colour or more length to your sock - please Click on Shop > Yarns and filter for "Corriedale". I would recommend "tan" if you want to mirror the full "Roadtrip" colour palette most closely.
If you’re looking to knit some wool socks without any nylon content, look no further! Its high twist makes this yarn more hard-wearing than the average pure wool yarn, as well as increasing its “elasticity”. The yarn is of course also suitable for other garments and accessories.
Hand wash only using cold water and pH-neutral wool wash. Avoid animated rubbing and sudden temperature changes. Although this yarn has been rinsed, it may still contain some small traces of natural dye materials. Please don’t be alarmed if a little colour runs off during the first wash.
Please contact me if you have any questions around this product. I can also take photos of different yarns or colours next to each other if that would be helpful.
Happy crafting! I hope your project is a success and gets lots of use!