Shetland DK - Annatto 01
Skein of DK-weight Shetland sheep's wool yarn:
- 100% Shetland sheep’s wool
- Grown and spun in Wales, dyed in South West England
- DK-weight (Double Knit / Light Worsted / Yarn category 3 - Light)
- 100g skeins: approx. 215 m per 100 g (235 yds per 3.5 oz)
- Recommended needle size: 3.75 mm - 4.5 mm (US 5 - 7)
- Woollen spun, 3-ply yarn
- Botanically dyed to create the colourway "Annatto 01" (Bright orange)
Please note: This is not a Ro core colourway. It will not be available again in future.
This single-flock Shetland yarn comes from a family-run farm in West Wales. It's naturally strong, and especially warm thanks to it being woollen spun, perfect for sweaters. It's got some springiness to it, good grip, and great stitch definition, so well-suited to colourwork, cables, and lace patterns alike. It’s soft enough to be worn around the neck, in my opinion, although of course this is subjective and varies between wearers.
This yarn comes as a hank, wound into a skein, so it must be wound into a ball or cake before use to avoid irreconcilable tangles.
Hand wash only using cold water and pH-neutral wool wash. Avoid animated rubbing and sudden temperature changes. Although this yarn has been rinsed, it may still contain some small traces of natural dye materials. Please don’t be alarmed if a little colour runs off during the first wash.
Please contact me if you have any questions around this product. I can also take photos of different yarns or colours next to each other if that would be helpful.
Happy crafting! I hope your project is a success and gets lots of use!