Dyed To Order / Custom Colours
In order to minimise waste, I have decided to offer most of my yarns on a dyed-to-order basis. This also enables me to offer large quantities (i.e. sweater quantities or more). On each listing, you will see the yarns currently available in-stock in that colour using the drop-down menu under "weight and availability". I usually have a few skeins in stock, but any more than that will be dyed to order just for you - please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like some yarn that isn't currently in stock. Please allow up to 15 working days for me to dye your order up for you.
If you would like me to create a custom colour - or several - just for you or your shop, please don't hesitate to get in touch! I will happily create custom colours for any order of at least 400g of yarn. Please contact me at email@example.com with your request, including:
- your desired colour(s) - ideally a description or photo of a colour you have in mind. I can't promise to match them exactly, but will try my best.
- your desired yarn base - see my yarn bases page for the full range
- your desired quantity - If you would like (a) custom colourway(s), please order at least 400g of yarn, which can be made up of a variety of colours and yarn bases.
It will usually take me 5-10 days to dye the yarn up for you, depending on the weather.
Below are a few "shade cards" for existing yarns to show you the colours I routinely dye up so far. Please bear in mind that the variation in the yarn base's original colour will result in slightly different-looking dyed colours.
- Any colours with descriptive names (e.g. "Rain on the Horizon", "Momo") are core colourways that I can dye up to look very similar between batches. Nonetheless, some knitters / crocheters prefer to alternate skeins whenever they are using hand-dyed yarn to avoid unwanted colour differences in their projects.
- Any colours with names that contain a dye material followed by a number (e.g. "Indigo 02") are one-off "trial" colourways that I won't dye routinely, and might not be able to reproduce exactly - although I can come close in most cases!
If you have any questions or requests, please don't hesitate to write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org ! Thanks so much for your understanding and support!