If you are an independent designer who would like to create and publish a pattern using one of the Ro Dyeworks yarns, I would love to hear from you!
Please write to me at ro.natural.dyeworks @gmail.com with the following information:
- Who you are with a link to your previous designs
- Which of the Ro Dyeworks yarns you're interested in - weight, breed, colour... I can send you some small samples of different yarns if you're unsure. We could also discuss a custom colourway.
- What your design idea is - what kind of item, stitches you might use, overall look and feel
- When you are planning to publish your design
- Any other collaboration ideas you've got in mind
I can offer:
- Small yarn samples (possibly incl. custom colourway)
- Free yarn for the designer
- 20% off Ro yarn for testers wishing to use Ro yarn, provided they allow me to re-post and/or use photos of their finished projects (with credit to them of course!)
- Promotion of your pattern on Ro social media
- Collaborations in forms of joint knit-alongs and the like
Just to be clear: I am not in the position financially to commission or sponsor any patterns at the moment, so I would not be expecting you to write a pattern for Ro Dyeworks. I would just want any Ro yarn you've used to be listed as the suggested yarn, and for any promotion items (e.g. Ravelry and Instagram posts) to clearly state the yarn you've used and tag / link to Ro Dyeworks.
I look forward to hearing from you!