BFL 4ply palette - Gentle Spring
5 x 20g mini-cakes or 5 x 50g skeins of 4-ply-weight Bluefaced Leicester (BFL) sheep's wool yarn:
- 100% Bluefaced Leicester (BFL) sheep’s wool
- Grown, spun, and dyed in the UK
- 4-ply weight (Heavy fingering weight / Light sport weight / Yarn category 2 - Fine)
- approx. 175 m per 50 g (191 yds per 1.76 oz)
- approx. 70 m per 20 g (76 yds per 0.7 oz)
- Recommended needle size: 3 mm - 3.75 mm (US 2 - 5)
- Worsted spun, 2-ply yarn
- Botanically dyed to create the "Gentle Spring" set (Off-white, pale yellow, pale peachy orange, pale pink, light purple)
Bluefaced Leicester wool is known for its softness, and it doesn’t disappoint! This yarn is so soft and blooms beautifully. It’s guaranteed to create a warm and durable item, which will show off cables, colourwork, or lacework beautifully. A typical 4ply-weight yarn, it’s on the heavier side of fingering-weight yarns, or on the lighter sides of sport-weight yarns. Its softness makes it ideal for luxurious shawls, hats, sweaters, baby clothes… endless possibilities!
This palette set will come as 5 little mini-cakes, each a different colour. For ideas as to what to do with them, please visit my instagram page @ro.dyeworks (www.instagram.com/ro.dyeworks)
Hand wash only using cold water and pH-neutral wool wash. Avoid animated rubbing and sudden temperature changes. Although this yarn has been rinsed, it may still contain some small traces of natural dye materials. Please don’t be alarmed if a little colour runs off during the first wash.
Some indigo may lightly stain your fingers while knitting with this yarn. Although I rinse skeins thoroughly to try and reduce this as much as possible, a bit of staining (also called crocking in this case because it is caused specifically by abrasion) is part and parcel of natural indigo-dyed products.
Please contact me if you have any questions around this product. I can also take photos of different yarns or colours next to each other if that would be helpful.
Happy crafting! I hope your project is a success and gets lots of use!