BFL Aran - Hydrangea
Skein of aran-weight Bluefaced Leicester (BFL) sheep’s wool yarn:
- 100% Bluefaced Leicester (BFL) sheep’s wool
- Grown, spun, and hand-dyed in the UK
- Aran weight (Worsted weight / Yarn category 4 - Medium)
- 100g skeins: approx. 165m per 100 g (180 yds per 3.5 oz)
- 50g skeins: approx. 82 m per 50 g (90 yds per 1.76 oz)
- Recommended needle size: 4.5mm-5.5mm (US 7 - 9)
- Worsted spun, 3-ply yarn
- Botanically dyed to create a block-dyed white to medium blue skein
This worsted spun Bluefaced Leicester yarn is beautifully soft, smooth, and squishy. This aran-weight (or worsted weight) yarn will knit up quickly, meaning you’ll have a winter staple in no time. It’s also a great yarn for weaving, as its thickness and smoothness will show patterns off really nicely.
If ordered in 50g quantities, this yarn will come as a cake or yarn. Any quantities of 100g or more will be shipped as hanks, which must be wound into a ball or cake before use to avoid irreconcilable tangles.
Hand wash only using cold water and pH-neutral wool wash. Avoid animated rubbing and sudden temperature changes. Although this yarn has been rinsed, it may still contain some small traces of natural dye materials. Please don’t be alarmed if a little colour runs off during the first wash.
Some indigo may lightly stain your fingers while knitting with this yarn. Although I rinse skeins thoroughly to try and reduce this as much as possible, a bit of staining (also called crocking in this case because it is caused specifically by abrasion) is part and parcel of natural indigo-dyed products.
Please contact me (email@example.com) if you have any questions around this product. I can also take photos of different yarns or colours next to each other if that would be helpful.
Happy crafting! I hope your project is a success and gets lots of use!