BFL / Masham 4ply 5-skein Fade Set: Rosé x Farmyard 250g (5 x 50g)
5 skeins of light 4ply-weight Bluefaced Leicester and Masham wool yarn - 250g total, made up of 5 x 50g skeins:
- 50% Bluefaced Leicester, 50% Masham
- Grown, spun, and hand-dyed in the UK
- 4-ply-weight (Fingering weight / Yarn category 1 – Super Fine)
- Recommended needle size: 2 mm - 3mm (US 0 – 3)
- Worsted spun, 2-ply yarn
- each 50g skein contains approx. 225m per 50g (246 yds per 1.76 oz)
- All shades are dyed to create 5 shades of Rosé x Farmyard (salmon to salmon-tinged grey to dark brown)
A lovely, soft and subtle yarn set for a faded / ombre sweater, shawl, blanket, or other project!
Masham are hardy sheep with lustrous but slightly coarser wool, which blend beautifully with the better-known Bluefaced Leicester sheep’s wool to create this fine, soft yarn. At a 450m per 100g meterage, it will create a lovely, light, drapey fabric. You could also hold the yarn double or strand it with some botanically dyed yarns to make the colours more subtle or muted.
In order to minimise environmental footprint and preserve wool's natural properties, the yarn has not been superwash treated. This does mean that you will need to soak and hand-wash (avoid animated rubbing) your finished project in cold or room temperature water and gentle pH-neutral soap.
Please contact me if you have any questions around this product. I can also take photos of different yarns or colours next to each other if that would be helpful.
Happy crafting! I hope your project is a success and gets lots of use!