Corriedale Sock Set - Sea sun and socks (120g)
Non-superwash, nylon-free British Corriedale sock yarn:
- 100% Corriedale sheep’s wool
- Grown in the Falkland Islands, spun and hand-dyed in the UK
- 4-ply weight (Fingering weight / Yarn category 1 - Super Fine)
- 400m per 100g (437 yds per 3.5 oz)
- Recommended needle size: 2mm-3mm (US 0 - 2)
- Worsted spun, 2-ply yarn
- Highly twisted to make it more hard-wearing
- Botanically hand-dyed to create medium blue (100g) and lemon yellow (20g)
If you’re looking to knit some wool socks without any nylon content, look no further! Its high twist makes this yarn more hard-wearing than the average pure wool yarn, as well as increasing its “elasticity”. The yarn is of course also suitable for other garments and accessories.
You can buy additional 20g mini-skeins to lengthen your socks or add more colour - please go to Shop > Yarns and apply the "Corriedale" filter.
Hand wash only using cold water and pH-neutral wool wash. Avoid animated rubbing and sudden temperature changes. Although this yarn has been rinsed, it may still contain some small traces of natural dye materials. Please don’t be alarmed if a little colour runs off during the first wash.
Some indigo may lightly stain your fingers while knitting with this yarn. Although I rinse skeins thoroughly to try and reduce this as much as possible, a bit of staining (also called crocking in this case because it is caused specifically by abrasion) is part and parcel of natural indigo-dyed products.
Please contact me if you have any questions around this product. I can also take photos of different yarns or colours next to each other if that would be helpful.
Happy crafting! I hope your project is a success and gets lots of use!