Hat knitting kit for the Easy Peasy Stripey Beanie
It's winter in the northern hemisphere (so you probably need a hat), and many of us are facing stay-at-home orders, so let's get knitting!
This hat is a great beginner project, knit in aran-weight yarn (making it easier to see your stitches) and featuring just enough colourwork to motivate you to keep knitting, without getting complicated.
The pattern is aimed at beginners - someone who once tried knitting briefly / a long time ago, or has started knitting very recently. It's definitely doable for a complete novice, but the learning curve will naturally be a tad steeper for them. Rest assured, my boyfriend's first knitting project was a hat (and so far, his only knitting project - alas, I haven't passed the knitting bug onto him... yet) so I'm sure you can do it! One stitch at a time! I am in the process of releasing free videos specifically for this hat pattern to help you along, and you can always write to me with queries (email@example.com or DM me @ro.dyeworks).
The kit contains:
- 100g of naturally dyed British Bluefaced Leicester wool yarn: 50g of colour 1 and 50g of colour 2 - see the photos and drop-down menu for various colour options.
- One 4,5mm (US 7 / UK 7) circular knitting needle - 80 cm long (Brand: Prym)
- Set of 3 different-sized wool needles (Brand: Prym)
- 8 removable stitch markers - either with recycled buttons or wooden shapes on
- Printed version of the Easy Peasy Stripey Beanie Hat Pattern, which includes six sizes and single-layer or double-layer fold-over brim options
This is everything you'll need, except for a pair of scissors, which I assume you have at home.
I hope you enjoy making this hat and that the wearer gets lots of use out of it. Please send me photos or tag me in Instagram / Facebook posts of your finished pieces because I can't wait to see how them!