Kent Romney DK - Morning Sun
Skein of light DK-weight Kent Romney sheep's wool yarn:
- 100% Kent Romney sheep’s wool
- Grown, spun, and dyed in the UK
- Light DK-weight (Sport weight / Yarn category 2 - Fine)
- 100g skeins: approx. 300m per 100g (328 yds per 3.5 oz)
- Recommended needle size: 3.25 mm - 4 mm (US 3 - 6)
- Worsted spun, 3-ply yarn
- Botanically dyed to create the colourway "Morning Sun" (bright medium yellow)
This Kent Romney wool yarn is strong, smooth, soft, and yet has plenty of grip as well, making it really versatile. At the right gauge, it will produce a lovely drapey fabric. Although it blooms a bit with the first few washes, it remains on the very light side of DK-weight – closer to a sport-weight, or what is sometimes called baby-weight. Due to the uniform creamy white shade of the original yarn, it dyes to nice, clear colours.
This yarn comes as a hank, wound into a skein, so it must be wound into a ball or cake before use to avoid irreconcilable tangles.
Hand wash only using cold water and sensitive pH-neutral wool wash. Avoid animated rubbing and sudden temperature changes. Although this yarn has been rinsed, it may still contain some small traces of natural dye materials. Please don’t be alarmed if a little colour runs off during the first wash.
Please contact me if you have any questions around this product. I can also take photos of different yarns or colours next to each other if that would be helpful.
Happy crafting! I hope your project is a success and gets lots of use!