Shetland DK - Undyed Palette (200g = 4 x 50g)
4 x 50g skeins of DK-weight Shetland sheep's wool yarn, all undyed in a brown gradient:
- 100% Shetland sheep’s wool
- Grown and spun in Wales, dyed in South West England
- DK-weight (Double Knit / Light Worsted / Yarn category 3 - Light)
- 50g skeins: approx. 107 m per 50 g (117 yds per 1.75 oz)
- Recommended needle size: 3.75 mm - 4.5 mm (US 5 - 7)
- Woollen spun, 3-ply yarn
- Undyed natural sheep colour in four blends: "Wholemeal" (cream with flecks), "Nutbrown Hare" (light brown / taupe), "Brown bear" (dark, warm brown), "Black coffee" (very very dark brown - almost black)
This single-flock Shetland yarn comes from a family-run farm in West Wales. It's naturally strong, and especially warm thanks to it being woollen spun, perfect for sweaters. It's got some springiness to it, good grip, and great stitch definition, so well-suited to colourwork, cables, and lace patterns alike. It’s soft enough to be worn around the neck, in my opinion, although of course this is subjective and varies between wearers.
Hand wash only using cold water and pH-neutral wool wash. Avoid animated rubbing and sudden temperature changes.
Please contact me if you have any questions around this product. I can also take photos of different yarns or colours next to each other if that would be helpful.
Happy crafting! I hope your project is a success and gets lots of use!