Shetland DK - Wild Chervil-Indigo 02
Skein of DK-weight Shetland sheep's wool yarn:
- 100% Shetland sheep’s wool
- Grown and spun in Wales, dyed in South West England
- DK-weight (Double Knit / Light Worsted / Yarn category 3 - Light)
- 100g skeins: approx. 185 m per 100 g (202 yds per 3.5 oz)
- Recommended needle size: 3.75 mm - 4.5 mm (US 5 - 7)
- Woollen spun, 3-ply yarn
- Botanically dyed to create the colourway "Wild chervil - indigo 02" (saturated leafy green). Please note this is a one-off colour that will not be repeated, although relatively similar colours can be achieved should you require more.
This single-flock Shetland yarn comes from a family-run farm in West Wales. It's naturally strong, and especially warm thanks to it being woollen spun, perfect for sweaters. It's got some springiness to it, good grip, and great stitch definition, so well-suited to colourwork, cables, and lace patterns alike. It’s soft enough to be worn around the neck, in my opinion, although of course this is subjective and varies between wearers.
This yarn comes as a hank, wound into a skein, so it must be wound into a ball or cake before use to avoid irreconcilable tangles.
Hand wash only using cold water and pH-neutral wool wash. Avoid animated rubbing and sudden temperature changes. Although this yarn has been rinsed, it may still contain some small traces of natural dye materials. Please don’t be alarmed if a little colour runs off during the first wash.
Some indigo may lightly stain your fingers while knitting with this yarn. Although I rinse skeins thoroughly to try and reduce this as much as possible, a bit of staining (also called crocking in this case because it is caused specifically by abrasion) is part and parcel of natural indigo-dyed products.
Please contact me (email@example.com) if you have any questions around this product. I can also take photos of different yarns or colours next to each other if that would be helpful.
Happy crafting! I hope your project is a success and gets lots of use!